There are 18 designated accessible parking spaces located in the museum’s parking ramp. Vehicles up to 8’ tall can park in this ramp. Nearby ramps also have accessible parking.
The museum’s entrance is located on Kellogg Boulevard and may be reached from the street or from the museum’s parking ramp. The entrance has automatic doors and has no exterior or interior steps. It is approximately 100 feet from Kellogg Boulevard to the entry doors.
Food and Beverage Facilities
The museum has three food service facilities, located on levels 3, 5 and 6. All of these facilities are accessible. Learn more and view menus.
Elevators serving all levels are located throughout the building. Doors stay open 11 seconds. There is an audible floor change signal.
Accessible restrooms are available throughout the building. Unisex or companion assisted restrooms are also available on level 4.
Lockers are located in the lobby and cost $0.75 - $1.
Strollers are available for rent at the Box Office for $2.
- Closed captioning is available for A Beautiful Planet. Interested visitors may inquire at the Box Office or when making ticket reservations.
- Amplified Audio Units and written scripts are available for the Omnitheater.
- Audio Description or DVS Theatrical® is available for most Omnitheater films. Inquire at the Box Office or call (651) 221-9444.
- Wheelchair and companion seating are available in the Omnitheater.
- If your group is bringing your own sign language interpreter, special lighting for is available with 72 hours notice. Call (651) 221-9444.
- TTY phone number (651) 221-4585.
- The Science Museum has wheelchairs available for loan. Inquire at the Box Office or ask a staff member.
- Admission is free for working Personal Care Attendants when they’re visiting with a client.
- Sign language interpreters can be arranged with one week notice. Call (651) 221-9444.
- Many exhibits are hands-on or have hands-on components.
- Many exhibits have open or closed captioning.
- Museum Lobby Geography
- Exhibit Gallery Geography
- Education Commons Geography