There are 18 designated accessible parking spaces located in the museum’s parking ramp. Vehicles up to 8’ tall can park in this ramp. Nearby ramps also have accessible parking.
The museum’s entrance is located on Kellogg Boulevard and may be reached from the street or from the museum’s parking ramp. The entrance has automatic doors and has no exterior or interior steps. It is approximately 100 feet from Kellogg Boulevard to the entry doors.
If you are dropping off someone in a wheelchair, we recommend doing so in our parking ramp on whatever level is most convenient. If you are in the ramp for under 15 minutes you will not be charged upon departure.
Food and Beverage Facilities
The museum has three food service facilities, located on levels 3, 5 and 6. All of these facilities are accessible. Learn more and view menus.
Elevators serving all levels are located throughout the building. Doors stay open 11 seconds. There is an audible floor change signal.
Accessible restrooms are available throughout the building. All Gender and Family restrooms are located on level 4 behind the We Move and We Stay Native American exhibit. An adult changing facility is also available. Please speak to staff for assistance.
Lockers are located in our lobby and vary in cost from $3 to $2. Lockers are electronic and accept a code for access. Payment by credit card only at a kiosk. Inquire at our box office for cash payment and access code.
Strollers are available for rent at the Box Office for $2.
- Amplified Audio Units and written scripts are available for the Omnitheater.
- Audio Description or DVS Theatrical® is available for most Omnitheater films. Inquire at the Box Office or call (651) 221-9444.
- Wheelchair and companion seating are available in the Omnitheater.
- If your group is bringing your own sign language interpreter, special lighting for is available with one week notice. Call (651) 221-9444.
Sensory Friendly Resources
We have a variety of tools available to help our visitors with sensory issues make the most of their visit. Ask at the Exhibits Entrance for sound dampening headphones, a timer, or a kit containing headphones, fidgets, gloves, and sunglasses.
Quiet spaces: The back hallway of the RACE exhibit on level 4 (near the all gender and family restrooms) has seating and is quieter and away from the gallery floor. Restrooms and drinking fountains are located nearby. There is also quiet seating on level 3 in the hallway in back of the Experiment Gallery (past the brown bear).
Located on level 4 near the RACE exhibit, the Wellness Room is a quiet, private space for visitors to nurse a child, pray, or simply take a break from a busy museum. The Wellness Room is available on a first-come, first served basis. This room is equipped with a baby changing station. An adult changing facility is also available. Please speak to staff for assistance.
- TTY phone number (651) 221-4585.
- The Science Museum has wheelchairs available for loan. Inquire at the Box Office or ask a staff member.
- Admission is free for working Personal Care Attendants when they’re visiting with a client.
- Sign language interpreters can be arranged with one week notice. Call (651) 221-9444.
- Many exhibits are hands-on or have hands-on components.
- Many exhibits have open or closed captioning.
- Museum Lobby Geography
- Exhibit Gallery Geography
- Education Commons Geography