Use of Material On the Science Museum of Minnesota website
The information, artwork, text, video, audio, or pictures (collectively, "Materials") contained on the Science Museum of Minnesota website are protected by copyright laws. You may only access and use the Materials for personal or educational purposes. You may not modify or use the Materials for any other purpose without the Science Museum of Minnesota's ("SMM") express written consent. Except as provided below, you may not reproduce, republish, post, transmit or distribute any Materials on the SMM website. You may print Materials on the SMM website for personal or educational purposes only, and you must include any copyright notice originally included with the Materials in all copies.
The Materials included on the SMM website have been compiled by SMM from a variety of sources, and are subject to change without notice. All media files on the SMM website are protected by copyright laws. You may not, under any circumstances, reproduce, record, publish, publicly exhibit, or distribute any media files made available for playback on the SMM website without SMM's express written consent. You should not attempt to "pass-off" any of SMM's content as your own work.
Sites Linked From the SMM website
Most of the sites linked from the SMM website are not under SMM's control, and SMM does not assume any responsibility or liability for any communications or materials available at such linked sites. SMM does not intend links on the SMM website to be referrals or endorsements of the linked entities, and are provided for convenience only.
Removal of Content
Violation of Copyrights. If you are requesting removal of content because of a violation of your copyrights, please note that the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe that your own work, or the work of a third party for whom you are authorized to act, is featured on any of the SMM websites or has been otherwise copied or made available on the SMM website in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please send us a notice of the alleged infringement including all of the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the SMM website (including the URL and/or title if applicable, or other identifying characteristics);
- your name, address, telephone number, and email address, and, if you are not the owner of the copyright, the name of the owner;
- a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Any notification by a copyright owner or a person authorized to act on its behalf that fails to comply with requirements of the DMCA shall not be considered sufficient notice and shall not be deemed to confer upon us actual knowledge of facts or circumstances from which infringing material or acts are evident. Our copyright agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
Science Museum of Minnesota
120 W. Kellogg Blvd.
St. Paul, MN 55102
(651) 221-9444 or (800) 221-9444
Fax: (651) 221-4777
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances shall SMM be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, from the use of, or reliance on, the Information, or from the use of the Internet generally. For purposes of this section, SMM shall include St. Croix Watershed Research Station, Warner Nature Center, and other SMM divisions, subsidiaries, successors, parent companies, and their employees, partners, principals, agents and representatives, and any third-party providers or sources of information or data.