How you can be involved on this day:
1. Respond to one of these questions:
- How can you contribute to racial healing in your own life?
- What needs to happen in your community to support racial healing?
2. Write your response on a piece of paper
3. Take a selfie with your response visible
4. Post it on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram with the following tags: #thedaytoheal @sciencemuseummn
We all know that people look different. Throughout history, those differences have been a source of strength, community, and personal identity. They have also been the basis for discrimination and oppression. And while those differences are socially and culturally real, contemporary scientific understanding of race and human variation is complex and may challenge how we think about it. RACE: Are We So Different? helps visitors understand what race is and what it is not. It gives them the tools to recognize racial ideas and practices in contemporary American life.