The Ross School|
2nd grade students holding the paper
butterflies they made for students
in Angangueo, México.
1) How can you tell a Monarch butterfly from others that look like it? ("Copy
2) Why do they live for such a short time?
3) How many Monarch butterflies are living today?
4) How do they fly?
5) How do they make their eggs stay on the milkweed plants? (what's the sticky stuff?)
6) How do the caterpillars make their cocoons?
7) Why can't the Monarch butterfly eat other kinds of plants? or Can they?
Ms. Wren's Second Grade Class
In our Kindergarten Class we......
| Read The Very Hungry Caterpillar in spanish and english.|
Learn about symmetry by making paper butterflies.
Raise critters that hatch from eggs (not just butterflies).
Hosted a visit from Frankie, the traveling teddy bear reporter
Sent our teacher to see the monarch sanctuaries in México
Visit our school's web site