Omnifest is back! You can circle the globe to watch volcanic eruptions, chase tornadoes, reminisce about past space exploration achievements, admire the majestic landscapes of national parks, and learn about the world’s greatest places - all from the comfort of your seat in the William L. McKnight-3M Omnitheater.
To help you prepare for your trip around the world, Omnifest-style, we've prepared a few tips:
- Information galore! Make our website the first stop on your journey. You'll find information on hours, parking, Omnifest showtimes, film descriptions, and everything else that’s happening at the museum. You can even watch the trailers to all the films to help you make your selections. (Our recommendation? Watch all of them!)
- Did you know that you can get your Omnitheater tickets before stepping foot in the museum? With reserved tickets, you can skip the line and secure your seat before the show sells out! To purchase tickets, log on to www.smm.org and click on “Tickets.” You can print your tickets at home and go straight to the Omnitheater entrance when you arrive – no need to wait in line at the Box Office. Tickets are also available by calling (651) 221-9444.
- Get the best seat! Make sure to allow yourself at least 30 minutes to arrive at the museum, park, and pick up your tickets at the Box Office. That lets you be among the first to enter the Omnitheater and to score a seat in the middle of all the action. Here’s a secret: volunteers have told us that the best seats are the center seats in the top rows. Shhhhhh.
- Come for the movie. Stay for the exhibits! Plan to visit the Science Museum’s world-class exhibit galleries while you’re here. Our newest exhibit, Game Changers, opens February 15. We have 100 playable video games!
- Avoid the crowds! We see a lot of people here on the weekends, but did you know that the museum is open until 9 p.m. on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays? Come visit us after a long day of office work or study sessions. We’re still open!
- Share your fun! Use our hashtag #shareyourdiscovery to show how much fun you’re having at the Omnitheater. Make sure to follow us on social media @sciencemuseummn to stay up-to-date on the latest happenings!
Omnifest 2019 runs through Thursday, February 28. Plan your visit!
Omnifest 2020 will be coming to our giant screen on June 5, 2020! Keep an eye out for more showtimes.