1415-1021 Intern, Environmental Research
Science Learning, St. Croix Water Research Station, Part-Time/Non-Exempt EEO 5B
Responsibilities: The Environmental Research intern will assist research staff with both daily lab and field duties. Intern will be responsible assist with sample preparation, chemical extractions, basic analysis, and lab ware cleaning. During field work exercises, intern will assist with collecting water samples and sediment core extractions.
- Scheduled up to 30 hours a week. Must be available to work between the hours of 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Flexible hours M-F but must be able to commit to 4 hour shifts (minimum) per scheduled day.
- Recent graduate or college senior with academic major in chemistry or geology, and a background in the natural and/or field sciences.
- Previous laboratory experience in a research setting preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, resourceful, self-motivated, flexible, and reliable.
- Must have availability to work 20-30 hours per week during business hours for 1 year.
Specific skills the Intern will develop:
- Gain valuable laboratory skills.
- Develop a better understanding of analytical chemistry techniques.
- Gain experience in large-scale field research and
- Become familiar with how research ideas are translated into experimental design.
Pay Rate: $12.00/hour
Application Deadline: April 29, 2015