The RACE: Are We So Different? traveling exhibition is for sale as a permanent installation, but will continue to travel as a tour based demand and availability.
It's a simple truth.
People are different. Throughout history, these differences have been a source of community strength and personal identity. They have also been the basis for discrimination and oppression.
The idea of "race" has been used historically to describe these differences and justify mistreatment of people and even genocide. Today, contemporary scientific understanding of human variation is beginning to challenge "racial" differences, and even question the very concept of race.
RACE: Are We So Different?, developed by the American Anthropological Association in collaboration with the Science Museum of Minnesota, is the first national exhibition to tell the stories of race from the biological, cultural, and historical points of view. Combining these perspectives offers an unprecedented look at race and racism in the United States.
RACE: Are We So Different? was the 2008 "Excellence in Exhibition Competition" winner by the American Association of Museums.
5,000 sq. ft. Exhibit Features
- A Project of the American Anthropological Association
- Designed for families and teens
- Engaging interactive content
- Flexible installation in as little as 3,000 sq. ft.
- Accompanying website with interactive tools
- Educational materials for onsite and community use
- Flexible community outreach / promotions toolkit
- 24-hour Technical support
- An exhibitor friendly, turnkey operation
- Flexible Terms
- Booking deposit
- Installation period of eight days for installation and six days for take down
- Host provides set-up & take-down crew of 6
- Certificates of insurance
- Deposit required upon booking
- Host institution pays inbound shipping for 3 trailer loads
Traveling Exhibition Venue Schedule
|Location||Open Date||Close Date||Status|
|Des Moines, IA||November 2015||April 2016||Completed|
|Columbia, SC||June 2016||September 2016||Completed|
|Louisville, KY||September 2016||January 2017||Completed|
|Refurbishment||January 2017||March 2017||Completed|
|Raleigh, NC||April 2017||October 2017||Completed|
|Chicago, IL||November 2017||July 2019||Completed|
|Flint, MI||August 2018||December 2018||Booked|
|Davenport, IA||January 2019||May 2019||Booked|
|Available||June 2019||September 2019||Available|
|Available||October 2019||January 2020||Available|
|Available||January 2020||May 2020||Available|
Note: Tentative bookings are not listed online. Please contact us to confirm the availability of the venue of your choice.
Tour will continue based on demand and availability.