For school groups visiting Tuesday - Friday (except school holidays), and arriving no later than 12:30 p.m. Advance reservations are required for all field trips.
|Reduced Price Eligibility*|
|Omnitheater + Museum Admission||$12.00||$5.00|
* Schools with 50% or more of their students approved for free and reduced-price meals are eligible for the museum’s Reduced Price Program.
Payment must be received two weeks in advance of the visit by credit card or single check. Changes may be made prior to payment and no later than two weeks prior to your visit by calling (651) 221-9444 Monday - Saturday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
If paying by check we recommend payment being sent three weeks or more prior to arrival. We do not accept purchase orders.
Bus Subsidy Program
An anonymous donor, committed to the value of a Science Museum field trip, has arranged for two kinds of bus subsidies to help cover transportation expenses to the museum.
All funds have been exhausted for the 2017-2018 school year.
Discounted Bus Travel
We’ve partnered with First Student Transportation to offer discounted rates for field trips to the museum. Rates are $135 per bus for a 3-hour round trip (from pickup at your school to drop off back at the school), or $185 for a 4-hour trip (additional hours are available at $50/hour). Twin Cities metro area only.
To get this special price, or for more information, contact First Student at (651) 777-2319 and give them your reservation number.
Fall 2018 Year of Engineer Field Trip scholarship
It's the Year of the Engineer at the Science Museum! Through the support of generous donors, the Science Museum has arranged for two kinds scholarships to help cover the museum and Omnitheather admission. Limited funding is available. A reservation number and showtime for Dream Big: Engineering Our World is required at time of the application. Only one grant is permitted per school. Grants will be given on a first-application-received basis until funds are gone. The field trip has to occur between July 1, 2018 - December 31, 2018.
United States schools that fall into one the two following categories are eligible to apply for funding, one per schools. Grants will be disbursed until the money is gone.
- $300 for a school whose student population consists of 0-49% of students eligible for free or reduced-price schools meals. OR
- $500 for a school whose student population consists of 50-100% of students eligible for free or reduced-price schools meals.
- Call (651) 221-9444 to make a field trip and Omnitheater reservation. Reservation can be made pending approval of scholarship.
- Complete the application (link) online. The completed application must include the field trip reservation number, date, number of students, and showtime for Dream Big.
- Educators will be notified of status within two weeks of submission.