For school groups visiting Tuesday - Friday (except school holidays), and arriving no later than 12:30 p.m. Advance reservations are required for all field trips.
|Reduced Price Eligibility*|
|Omnitheater + Museum Admission||$12.00||$5.00|
* Schools with 50% or more of their students approved for free and reduced-price meals are eligible for the museum’s Reduced Price Program.
Payment must be received two weeks in advance of the visit by credit card or single check. Changes may be made prior to payment and no later than two weeks prior to your visit by calling (651) 221-9444 Tuesday - Saturday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
If paying by check we recommend payment being sent three weeks or more prior to arrival. We do not accept purchase orders.
Bus Subsidy Program
An anonymous donor, committed to the value of a Science Museum field trip, has arranged for two kinds of bus subsidies to help cover transportation expenses to the museum. Limited funding is available to offset the transportation cost of a field trip occurring between October 1, 2017, and April 30, 2018. Only one subsidy per school per year. Grants will be given on a first-application-received basis until funds are gone. Payment from the museum will be made in the form of a reimbursement to the district or school after the field trip has occurred.
United States schools that fall into one of the two following categories are eligible to apply for funding, one grant per school. Schools in the Upper Midwest are encouraged to apply. Grants will be disbursed until the money is gone.
- $300 for schools whose student population consists of 50% or more of students eligible for free or reduced price school meals. OR
- $500 for schools located 100 miles or more from the museum.
- Call (651) 221-9444 to make a field trip reservation. Reservations can be made pending approval of scholarship.
- Complete the application online. The completed application must include the field trip reservation number, date, and the number of students.
- Educators will be notified of status within two weeks of submission.
Discounted Bus Travel
We’ve partnered with First Student Transportation to offer discounted rates for field trips to the museum. Rates are $135 per bus for a 3-hour round trip (from pickup at your school to drop off back at the school), or $185 for a 4-hour trip (additional hours are available at $50/hour). Twin Cities metro area only.
To get this special price, or for more information, contact First Student at (651) 777-2319 and give them your reservation number.