How It Works
Scholarships to Science Museum summer camps are distributed through a random lottery.
- Drawings begin after registration opens for members on Tuesday, February 11.
- Great-Tix members automatically qualify.
- You will be contacted if your family is selected. Registration will be completed at that time.
- Apply only once; drawings continue until all funds have been distributed, and no later than May 25.
- If you are NOT selected, you will be notified by email.
Two Levels of Scholarships
Scholarships for 85% of the fee are available for families currently receiving public assistance in the form of TANF, MFIP, General Assistance, WIC, Medicaid or Medical Assistance, SSI, Foodstamps, MN Care, Section 8 Housing, or Free or Reduced Price School Meals. You will be awarded or declined depending on the availability of funds.
Scholarships for 50% of the fee are available for other families needing assistance. These awards are based on financial need and availability of funds.
- Complete the one-page scholarship application. Your application cannot be processed without providing the requested information. Please black out any social security numbers or account numbers.
- Complete a class registration form. Be sure to list a second choice in case your first choice is full.
- If you prefer to pay by check, submit along with application and registration. Check and documentation will be processed and shredded once registration is complete.
- Send scholarship application, documentation, and registration form to:
Science Museum of Minnesota
120 West Kellogg Blvd.
Saint Paul, MN 55102
Frequently Asked Questions