How It Works
Scholarships to Science Museum summer camps are distributed through a random lottery.
- Drawings begin when registration opens for members on Tuesday, February 13.
- You will be contacted if your family is selected.
- Apply only once; drawings continue until all funds have been distributed.
- If you are NOT selected, your payment will NOT be processed.
- No payments are processed unless a scholarship has been awarded, and you will be contacted before your payment is processed.
Two Levels of Scholarships
Scholarships for 85% of the fee are available for families currently receiving public assistance in the form of TANF, MFIP, General Assistance, WIC, Medicaid or Medical Assistance, SSI, Foodstamps, MN Care, Section 8 Housing, or Free or Reduced Price School Meals. You will be awarded or declined depending on the availability of funds.
Scholarships for 50% of the fee are available for other families needing assistance. These awards are based on financial need and availability of funds.
- Complete the one-page scholarship application. Your application cannot be processed without proof of assistance or a copy of your latest tax return.
- Complete a class registration form. Be sure to list a second choice in case your first choice is full. You may register for one class per student, per session (summer, fall, spring).
- Enclose payment for class. If no funds are available or the class is full, your payment will not be processed.
- Send scholarship application, financial information, class registration, and payment to:
Education Division Scholarships
Science Museum of Minnesota
120 West Kellogg Blvd.
Saint Paul, MN 55102
Please note that our refund and cancellation policies apply to scholarship co-payments. Read our complete policies or call (651) 221-4511.