- No cash or credit card refunds are issued for program orders.
- No transfers or credits for orders cancelled within 14 days of the program start date.
If you need to cancel, you must call 14 days before the start of the program in order to:
- Transfer to a future program OR
- Have a credit placed on your Science Museum account for the full value of the class. This credit can be used for future camps, classes, birthday parties, or memberships; the credit cannot be used for admission to the Omnitheater, Special Exhibits, or General Exhibits.
If your child has a medical condition, severe allergy, dietary restrictions, or other special need, please note this during your registration. Fields used to outline any special needs are designated on both online and paper forms. If you have special concerns, please call (651) 221-4511.
What to Wear/Bring
- The museum is not responsible for lost, missing, or damaged personal items.
- Bring a peanut-free snack if you choose. Due to allergies and dietary restrictions, the Science Museum will no longer be providing snacks to campers.
- If attending camps or classes all day, bring a bag lunch and a drink.
- Wear closed toed shoes and comfortable clothing that can get messy.
- Shoes with wheels are prohibited at the museum and in museum programs.
- Please leave valuables like collectable cards and personal electronics at home.
In order to make the experience of our programs a positive one for all students and staff, we have established the following policy to manage behavior incidents that involve chronic disruption of classes and/or safety.
Our staff fills out written reports in cases of extreme or chronic behavior incidents. If two report forms involving disruption of the whole class, ongoing verbal abuse, leaving the group, or refusal to follow disciplinary or instructional directions are filled out on one child, a parent or guardian will be contacted.
If one report form involving endangering of self, staff, or other students, or unsafe use of equipment is filled out on one child, a parent or guardian will be contacted. A child will be removed from the program if another incident report form is filed after parent contact is made.
Student Safety and Responsibility
The Science Museum is responsible for students’ safety during scheduled program time. We do not release unchaperoned students from programs due to issues of safety and liability. Exceptions will be made for students leaving the museum to meet parents or ride a bus home. Written permission releasing the child must be provided by a parent or guardian.
Your registration implies permission to use photographs of students for Science Museum of Minnesota promotional purposes. If you do not want your child photographed, call (651) 221-4511.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- You will receive a Child Verification Card via email one week prior to camp. This card must be clearly displayed in order to pick up a child.
- You can drop-off/pick-up your child at our Education Entrance up to 30 minutes before/after their program free of charge.
- Each vehicle MUST be occupied by a qualified driver at all times. Please do not leave your vehicle; our staff will bring your child to you. We have many children to check-out and we appreciate your patience.
- Leaving your vehicle, especially during pick-up, will cause traffic back-ups and delays for other parents.
- Curbside space is limited, especially during pick-up. Arriving 10 minutes after the program will reduce your wait.
- For safety and security reasons our staff will be monitoring and directing traffic flow.
- Full or Half-Day Camps: You will receive a health form/waiver via email 1-2 weeks before camp, that you must fill out only if your child has a medical condition for which s/he must carry emergency medication (e.g., asthma inhalers, EpiPen epinephrine injectors, etc). If your child does not carry emergency medication, you do not need to fill out the form.
All camps include a 15-minute snack/play break. Due to allergies and dietary restrictions, the Science Museum will no longer be providing snacks to campers. Please send peanut-free snacks in your child’s lunch bag if you so choose.
- If your child is attending camp or class all day, lunch supervision is provided at no extra charge.
- Students must bring a bag lunch with a drink. No refrigeration is available.
- Students are not allowed to use the vending machines or visit the cafeteria.
- Morning care costs $7 per day, per child. It begins at 7:30 a.m. and goes until the start of morning classes. Morning extended care is not available at off-site locations.
- Afternoon care costs $7 per day, per child. It begins at the end of afternoon classes and goes until 5:30 p.m. There is a charge of $1 per minute if a child is picked up after 5:30 p.m.
Extended Care Punch Cards
- You can purchase a 5-punch extended care card for $35.
- Each punch equals one morning session OR one afternoon session of extended care per child.
- Your card is kept on file and punched as you use it. Leftover punches can be used at a later date within the same summer.
Off-Site Summer Camps
You will receive an email 1-2 weeks before the start of camp with health forms, specific information about that site, a map for drop off and pick up, and extended care.