With generous support from Flint Hills Resources, the Science Matters Overnight Camp-In and Outreach program provides access to a range of science enrichment experiences for students at their schools and at the Science Museum.
Science Matters Outreach Tour
Get your students revved up on science! Our Science Museum outreach instructor will inspire and engage your students with bigger–than–life props and memorable science demonstrations—all in an interactive, large group format.
Dinosaurs (Grades K–2)
Discover how paleontologists interpret fossils and reconstruct a life-size dinosaur skeleton puzzle!
Engineering (Grades 3–6)
From high speed trains to gloves that insulate from heat and cold, engineered solutions can be seen everywhere.
Science Matters Camp-In
Fun and science combine naturally in a sleepover at the Science Museum of Minnesota. Your students will explore and discover how science impacts their lives and the future.
A Science Matters Camp-In for grades 4 and 5 includes:
- Complimentary bus transportation to and from the museum
- General exhibit admission
- Explore Science Stations featuring hands-on science investigations. This year's theme is The Science of Sports. Using the museum's exhibits, our world famous Science Live Theatre, and the Camp-Ins Explore Science Stations, campers will be immersed in the physics, chemistry, biology, and technology of the sports we love: baseball, football, basketball, hockey, soccer, and much more!
- A Science Live Theatre production
- An Omnitheater film
- An overnight experience in the Science Museum of Minnesota's one-of-a-kind Exhibit Galleries
- Pizza dinner, late night snack, and continential breakfast
|Science Matters Camp-In #1||February 16-17, 2017|
|Science Matters Camp-In #2||March 16-17, 2017|
|Science Matters Camp-In #3||April 13-14, 2017|
For more information, please call Doug at (651) 221-4553.