Natural Objects Traded Here!
- Find an interesting object like a rock, fossil, skull, or pine cone.
- Note the surroundings of your discovery. Be sure to write down where and when you found it.
- Think about what it is, how it grew, what it ate, or why it's important.
- Do some research and learn more about your specimen.
Bring it to the Collectors' Corner in the museum's Mississippi River Gallery
- Tell the Collectors' Corner staff about your specimen.
- Earn points for what you know.
Trade Now or Trade Later
- Open a Collectors' Corner account. We'll keep track of your points.
- Trade with the points you earn immediately or save your points for a future trade.
- You may trade two items per day.
Tips for Collectors
- Take one or two and leave the rest. Don't over-collect.
- Respect nature and private property.
- Leave things as you found them.
- Don't collect protected items.
- Learn more about the items you collect.
- Take along a small notebook to record your observations.