Plan Your Visit
HELPFUL TIPS FOR A GREAT VISIT TO STAR WARS
- Cameras and strollers are permitted inside the exhibit.
- Leave your blasters, ray guns, phasers, and bowcasters at home.
- Food, drink or disruptive behavior are not allowed or tolerated inside the exhibit.
- Star Wars Airchair Ride requirements: Visitors must be at least 4 years old and at least 42 inches tall to ride. No open-toed shoes or sandals are permitted.
Advance tickets strongly recommended
- Avoid possible ticket "sold-out" situations by reserving ahead.
- Plan your day at the museum around your chosen Star Wars and Special Effects entry times.
- Purchase your tickets online, print them at home, and skip the box office line!
Avoid the crowds - see Star Wars when the museum is not as busy
- We expect better availability earlier in the morning and in the evenings.
- The museum is open 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 p.m. every day.
- Explore Star Wars and the museum's galleries in a relaxed atmosphere and experience everything.
Allow at least 4 hours to visit
- Most visitors spend about an hour and a half in the Star Wars exhibit.
- Your ticket also includes admission to all of the museum's regular exhibit galleries.
- Admission to the Special Effects Omnitheater film is extra but combination tickets are available.
- Test your Star Wars and science knowledge in Jedi Trials, our Science Live game show. Fun for all levels, from padawans to Jedi masters.
Ride the Millennium Falcon
In a full-size replica of the cockpit of Episode IV's legendary Millennium Falcon, visitors will experience the jump to lightspeed, as narrator Anthony Daniels (better known as C-3PO) takes them on a multimedia exploration of what we know about our own galaxy. Featuring a proprietary sound system from Bose Corporation, the recreated cockpit showcases the technologies of Bose® 3Space® audio systems.
The Jump to Lightspeed Experience is four-and-a-half minutes in duration and accommodates small groups of visitors at a time. Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are $3 per person (exact change required, cash only). All visitors who Jump to Lightspeed will receive a limited-edition souvenir pin.