Deferred Gift Annuity
How does it work?
- Make a gift to the museum in cash or securities—our minimum gift requirement is $20,000.
- Set up a future date at which the Museum will begin to pay you, or up to two beneficiaries you name, fixed income for life.
- The remaining balance passes to the Museum when the contract ends.
What are the benefits?
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your gift
- Deferring payments gets you a higher annuity rate and generates a larger charitable deduction—give more and make more.
- The longer you defer payments, the higher the effective rate of return you'll receive.
- You decide when to start receiving payments—set a date that will make your move into retirement easier, or plan for big moments to help out your loved ones, like weddings, births, or college tuition.
- Once you start receiving payments, you, or up to two beneficiaries, will receive stable, fixed income for life.
Who is this gift best suited for?
- Beneficiaries are recommended to be at least 65 to begin receiving payments, however the annuity can be established earlier.
- Those who are in high-earning years and still planning for retirement.
- Those who want to hold off receiving payments until a future date while still receiving a tax deduction for their gift.
- Those looking to diversify their investment portfolios with a stable, secure asset that also accomplishes philanthropic goals.