Learning Technologies staff are working with Scratch, a computer programming language you can use to make animations, music, interactive stories, simulations and art!
We have a great resource you can join:
Media MashUp - a place for resources and ideas around participatory culture, rich media - and Scratch!
2010 Scratch @ MIT conference
Take a look at what we presented and helped with!
Scratch in the Learning Technologies Center:
- Wonderful St. Paul schools teacher Karen Randall has a Scratch WIKI at Classroom 2.0 - please visit, join and contribute!
- Visit the new MIT Scratch-Ed site for Teachers!
- Educator forums at MIT Scratch website
- The Learning Technologies Center is partnered with the Hennepin County Library (HCL) system. The HCL was awarded an Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) grant to research and explore rich media creation programming in libraries. We will be sharing resources created from this grant with the out-of School and After-School educational organizations.
- The project website is here: Media MashUp
- An article in the School Library Journal about Scratch-based teen programming
Teachers we've worked with:
- Amy Mcmanus's Scratch Projects:
- Kent Sall's Scratch Projects
- Molly Schroeder's Scratch Resource for Teachers