Middle School Programs
Become Design Team member!
What is the Design Team?
- The Design Team is a group of middle school students from your school that explore STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) through fun and exciting hands-on projects.
- Members of the Design Team learn how science is relevant in their everyday lives—at home, school, and in their community!
- Design Team members meet during after school programming and are invited to come to the
Science Museum on two Saturdays each month. They will participate in STEM projects with
Design Teams from all schools sites.
- Design Teams members will also get to participate in special events and projects with High School crews from the KAYSC.
- Learn more about science!
- Become a leader.
- Gain life skills to support successful transitions in school, community, and employment.
- Enjoy a free yearly "family membership" to the Science Museum.
- Become part of a network of community and museum professionals that will lead the next generation!
Design Team locations
The Design Team is located at 6 school sites
during the 2013/14 school year:
- Battle Creek Middle School
- Capitol Hill Gifted and Talented Magnet
- Farnsworth Aerospace Magnet
- Murray Middle School
- Washington Technology Magnet School
- St. Paul City School
For more information, contact Emmanuel
Donaby at (651) 221-9454 or by email at