Discounts & Bus Subsidies
FINANCIAL HELP FOR FIELD TRIPS
Reduced Price Program
Schools with 50% or more of their students approved for free and reduced-price meals (as cited by the Minnesota Department of Education) are eligible for the museum's Reduced Price Program.
|Reduced Price Eligibility
|Omnitheater + Museum Admission
Science Museum Bus Subsidy Program
An anonymous donor, committed to the value of a Science Museum field trip, has arranged for two kinds of bus subsidies to help cover transportation expenses to the museum.
Bus Subsidy Funding Available for 2012-2013 School Year
Limited funding is available to offset the transportation cost of a field trip to the Science Museum of Minnesota. The subsidy supports field trips to the museum occurring between September 18, 2012 and April 30, 2013. Grants will be given on a first-application-received basis until funds are gone. Payment from the museum will be made in the form of a reimbursement to the district or school after the field trip has occurred.
United States schools that fall into one of the two following categories are eligible to apply for funding, one grant per school. Schools in the Upper Midwest are encouraged to apply. Grants will be disbursed until the money is gone.
1. $200 for schools whose student population consists of 50% or more of students eligible for free or reduced price school meals (F/RP). OR
2. $400 for schools located 100 miles or more from the museum.
- Call (651) 221-9444 to make a field trip reservation. Reservations can be made pending approval of scholarship.
- Download the application and fax it to (651) 221-4533. The completed application must include the field trip reservation number, date, and number of students.
- Educators will be notified of status within two weeks of submission.
- After the field trip, fax a payment request to (651) 221-4533. The request must be received by June 1, 2013 and be accompanied by a photocopy showing proof of payment to the bus company for the field trip.
This bus subsidy funding is made possible because of one-time funding from an anonymous donor for the 2012-2013 school year.
Discounted Bus Travel to the Museum
We've partnered with First Student Transportation to offer specially discounted rates for Field trips to the Museum. Rates are $135 per bus for a 3-hour round trip (from pickup at your school to drop off back at the school), or $185 for a 4-hour trip (additional hours are available at $50/hour).
To get this special price, or for more information, contact First Student at First Student at (651) 777-2319, and give them your Science Museum reservation number.